Saturday, February 25, 2012

Designer spotlight: too sweets

I had the good fortune to stumble upon too sweets, a PDF pattern shop on Etsy. Shop owner and pattern designer Sophie McCurley creates simple (looking) but sophisticated clothing patterns for toddlers. She offers a couple of deals on patterns, 3 for $15, or 6 for $25, which I think are great bargains.

While too sweets offers a few patterns for basics like leggings and tunic dresses, what really caught my eye were the patterns for toddler-sized adult clothing. See evidence below.

Swinging bolero suitable for any season. Easily pairs with dress, skirt or leggings.



There are many bubble dress patterns fluttering about the web these days. What I like about this pattern, besides being dead-easy, is the neck-line. The height of it compensates for the shortness of the skirt. The dress is both business and casual.


I first discovered harem pants when I was on a magical trip to Amsterdam in my early twenties. So I'm not sure if my relentless enthusiasm for harem pants is a result of an association to that trip, or because  there is something intrinsically special about a gathered pant cuff.


Over-sized ruffle sleeves. Sigh. So cute for a little girl. But what makes this pattern a little edgy, and in my opinion, more interesting, is how the sleeves start at the bottom of the bodice.

 

I think a breezy disco romper sets the perfect tone for an outdoor summer party (an outdoor adult party with plenty of Harvey Wallbangers).


The shirring waist of these shorts sets them apart from the usual toddler fare and makes them likely easy to pull on and off. 



I'll have to add all six to my to-do list.

2 comments:

Sophie said...

Thank you for the feature! I am so flattered and appreciate such kind descriptions of my patterns. Much love and happy sewing!

sophie

MyLittleNuggets said...

I have several too sweets patterns and LOVE them. they are fantastic for beginners to expert!