Sunday, March 11, 2012

Tag, I'm it!

Caitlin over at Nesting the Journal tagged me in a game of blog tag. This means I've got to answer 10 questions so my readers can learn a little bit more about me.

Are you a coffee or tea drinker?

I can barely string two words together before I've had my morning Americano. Should I mention that I am not a morning person?

What is your favourite room in your home?
I love our entire apartment. It's sunny, roomy, and well laid-out. If I had to choose one room, it would be the open living space, which includes the living room, dining room, and breakfast bar area. Even though we've used a lot of modern furniture, we've tried to use a lot of natural materials and earth tones to keep the space warm and inviting.

What is your favourite quote?

I can't remember exactly how this quote goes, something likw, "When you're wishing things were different, you can't see what is". Think about it. Brilliant really.

Who is the person you admire the most?

There isn't a single person I admire above all others. Rather, I admire mothers who struggle against adversity to raise children as best they can.

Where is your favorite place to go on holidays?

Anywhere new. I enjoy going places that I've been before, but I LOVE exploring new countries, cities, towns.

What is your favorite food?

Pasta con vongole. Especially the way my husband makes it. 

What is your favorite pastime?
  
Not that I get to do this very often, but I absolutely love to roll in the surf like a seal. If I could do that every day, I'd probably be a much more even-keeled person.

How do you recharge and energize yourself?

For me, these are two different things. Recharging is down-time, it makes me feel normal. I need to recharge about once a day either by meditating or taking a long shower or zoning out in front of Google Reader for about 15 min.

Energizing is invigorating, it makes me feel alive. I energize by doing something physical, and adventurous like hiking, a high-ropes course, white water rafting. Most often though, I energize by laughing. I love to laugh.

Do you prefer dogs or cats? 

I have a theory that tea drinkers prefer cats, while coffee drinkers prefer dogs. I'm a living proof that my theory is correct.

Who is someone you’d like to meet?
Oprah. Yep, I'm a lover of the big O! 




Here's a picture of my husband and I at the peak of Mount Epomeo on Ischia in Italy. This day was filled with so many of my favourite things, lots of time with my husband, laughing, pasta, wine, Italian coffee, adventure, and rolling the surf.

No comments: