Thursday, October 6, 2011

Romper redux

Rompers are my all-time favorite clothing item for babies. So you can imagine my delight when I found four rompers in the suitcase of dresses.

Why do I love rompers so much?

Probably because the very name, romper, inspires fun-loving-fun in an old-fashioned kind of way. When I think of rompers I think of little kids rolling down a grassy hill and getting up to mischief. And in fact, rompers were originally made for just that. They first were designed for young children and infants as play clothes in the US in the early 1900s. Whereas typical early 20th-century children and baby clothes was restrictive, rompers were loose fitting and allowed for kids to move easily and freely [Wikipedia].

Below are the four rompers I wore as a baby and Pud wears now. Because it's getting cold outside, I put a pair of white tights and a white onesie under the rompers for added warmth. The rompers are too cute not to be worn!





Here's Puddle romping around in the sunshine.

No comments: