Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Thank you Bummis!

Last week we ran out of our Rockin' Green Laundry Detergent, which we use to wash our cloth diapers. Because not all detergents are safe to use on cloth diapers (certain detergent ingredients can affect the absorbency of the diaper), I headed to the store Room for 2 Maternity & Baby to buy more. However, because the diapers we use, Tots Bots Easyfits, contain bamboo, the sales person at Room for 2 did not recommend we buy the detergent they had for sale. She wasn't sure exactly which detergents I could use, she directed me to the Bummis website.

Well, it turns out the Bummis website has a wealth of information on how to use cloth diapers and how to care for them. In their extensive resource section, there's a list of which detergents to use and which to avoid and why. It was so helpful! I took the list grocery shopping with me and was able to find a detergent that will work for our diapers.

If you have questions about how to cloth diaper or care for cloth diapers, check out the Bummis website. They sell all sorts of great cloth diapering accessories and cloth diapers, including my favourite, the Tots Bots Easyfit diaper.

No comments: