Thursday, February 2, 2012

DIY Roundup: rompers

The Internet is rife with clever and cute DIY clothing projects for babies and kids. My Google Reader is littered with starred-items, I've got links bookmarked all through my web browser, and a smattering of PDF patterns on my desktop. It's official. I'm overwhelmed by the number of things I want to make for Puddle (and Puddle's imaginary brother Splash).

It's time to get organized. And I'm going to use this blog to do it. Each month I'll write a post on the projects I've come across and hope to execute. I've got a bit of a backlog to ease, so I'll organize the posts into themes.

Let's start with rompers. In case you didn't know, I love rompers.

Strappy romper - with this simple romper pattern by Nap Time Crafters you could make a wearable romper in the space of three naps with some scrap fabric.



Ruffled bum romper - this romper by Pipersgirls kills me. The bum ruffles are hilarious. I bought this pattern last summer and plan on starting it soon so Puddle can wear it this spring.



Tea Collection romper - Ok, so this isn't a pattern but a romper I want to buy. However, I figure that after blowing $50 on a smocked dress that Puddle will wear 3 times, I need to make her clothes, not buy them. Problem is, I haven't found a the exact romper pattern I want. Time to improvise.

I'm using the ruffled-sleeve top pattern  I bought from Heidi&Finn and the pant tutorial from Made By Rae. To complicate things, I'm going to modify the pants by putting snaps in the in-seams for diaper-changing purposes and taper the pant leg a bit. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: